- Willamette Park Rotary Shelter — this was a collaborative effort of the clubs in Corvallis working with Corvallis Parks and Recreation Department and represents a major and lasting contribution to the community
“Tapas and Treasures” to support the Meals on Wheels program
“Wine on the Green” to support the Homeless Students in the Corvallis School District
- Ticket sales at the Benton County Fair, plus matching grants, to provide scholarships to 10-13 deserving Benton County High School Seniors each year
- Providing and serving meals at the Men’s Cold Weather Shelter
- Sponsoring two high school students each year to attend the Rotary Youth Leadership Academy.
- Sponsoring one out-bound Rotary Exchange Student and hosting one in-coming Exchange student per year
- Helped host 12 Water Scholars from countries in the Aral Sea watershed during their year of water management and policy studies at Oregon State University.
Thriving Through The Pandemic
- Despite COVID imposed limitations on us over this past year, we have made progress toward our goals and continue to help our community in many ways. This is what we did under the most challenging circumstances.
- Club members contributed over $3,150 to help eradicate Polio, this against a club goal of $2,000. Outstanding! We also met out goal of $10,000 to the Rotary Foundation Annual Fund.
- Consequently, we did more to bring polio numbers down to almost zero worldwide.
- Also, through Rotary Foundation funded matching grants, we provided eleven deserving Benton Country high school seniors with $1,000 scholarships. We also used District Matching Grants to mobilize $30,000 to support Meals on Wheels serving those in need across Benton, Linn and Lincoln counties.
- Club members stepped up late last Spring with $6,000 to help the Corvallis School District reach and support homeless students, a huge challenge given school closures and on-line instruction.
- We received a $500 Rotary District COVID emergency grant to support homebound youth at the Jackson Street Youth center (see picture attached).
- Members provided, and continue to provide, foodstuffs for the Vina Moses food pantry.
- Members responded to a presentation on ShelterBox by spontaneously providing some $1,350 for emergency shelter and supplies for disaster victims abroad.
- After a program on CARDV, individual members pledged $590 toward that program.
ROTARY CLUB OF CORVALLIS
INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS AND IMPACTS
(PROJECTS LISTED BY PROJECT YEAR)
PROJECTS FROM 1994-2000
- Shipment of textbooks and library books to Leipzig in recently freed East Germany (1994)
- Provide 100 Cataract operations, treatment of 500 eye patients and equipping a regional eye care center in Manglarato, Ecuador (1998, 2000)
PROJECTS FROM 2001-2009
- 8 primary schools equipped with desks, teaching aids, school furniture and 850 kids provided with schoolbags and uniforms in Vidyanagar, Karnataka, India (2001)
- Mid-wives trained in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico (2002)
- Pediatric dental care and supplies and equipment provided in support of orphans and youth, and support given to university dental training program in Uzghorod, Ukraine (2003,2005,2006,2007,2008)
- Dozens of street children received scholarships allowing at risk kids to get off the street, into school and helped to stay there in Morelia, Mexico (2005,2006)
— Jobs and incomes supported for some 30 families by establishing a small wood products industry in Loma Caliente, a poor rural community near Morelia, Mexico (2008). The group now exceeds one million in annual gross revenues.
PROJECTS FROM 2010-2018
- 6 rural schools with some 1,500 students provided with 45 computers and school approved software in three NE Thailand Provinces (2010)
- 25 schools provided with clean drinking water systems in NE Thailand (2012)
- 9 Hemodialysis machines provided to regional hospitals and diabetes education outreach to 500,000 rural dwellers in NE Thailand (2013, 2014, 2015)
- 4 ultrasound machines provided to hospitals, volunteer rural health educators trained and 100,000 young expectant mothers/yr. receive pre-natal and postnatal education and services in Thailand (2018).